Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Debut Recording of Nate Wooley Quintet in March!

The debut recording of my quintet, (Put Your) Hands Together, is going to be out in March from Clean Feed Records. This is a series of compositions for jazz quintet that we've been working on and were dedicated to the women who have raised me into the fine upstanding gent I am today.

I was listening to the masters the other night and, yeah, it's kind of the over the top Grammy acceptance speech way of saying it, but I am honored and humbled by the guys in the band. They took some tunes that vacillated somewhere between a rock solid concept that was really hard to pull off to kind of a half baked idea that needed some musical love and stuck it out while I got it together to make a jazz album (my first real "jazz" album as a leader) that I think is a pretty personal statement. That's a big deal for me. It's scary and wonderful and I'm in that phase where "my baby's the cutest" with it, so don't burst my bubble. Drop me a line if you want to reserve a copy. I really think it is going to be a fun one.....

Nate Wooley Quintet....featuring Josh Sinton, Harris Eisenstadt, Matt Moran, and Eivind Opsvik....pic by Peter Gannushkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment